iBeacon Products from AutoLean
AutoLean is now offering a wide selection of iBeacon licensed products suitable for consumer and industrial applications.
What is iBeacon?
iBeacon is a new technology that extends Location Services in iOS. Your iOS device can alert apps when you approach or leave a location with an iBeacon. In addition to monitoring location, an app can estimate your proximity to an iBeacon (for example, a display or checkout counter in a retail store). Instead of using latitude and longitude to define the location, iBeacon uses a Bluetooth low energy signal, which iOS devices detect.
To use iBeacon, you need iOS 7 or later, Bluetooth turned on, and a compatible iOS device:
- iPhone 4s or later
- iPad (3rd generation) or later
- iPad mini or later
- iPod touch (5th generation) or later
What can iBeacons be used for in manufacturing?
- Sorting asset lists, recipes, or employees based on proximity
- Automatic notifications with content when entering into region
- Tracking approximate location of equipment based on position
- Raw material, WIP, or finished goods movement in warehouses
- Asset tracking and management